Let me take this opportunity to welcome you to the Friends of Peaselburg Neighborhood Association (FOPNA) web site. Thanks to Tess Burns and those on the web-site committee for all their hard work with the development and launch of this site. It’s the association intent that the web site serves as a valuable resource to the current residents of Peaselburg and those who are considering relocating to the area.
When you launch the site, the home page provides you with a brief history of Peaselburg and “The Legend of Tillie the Goose,” our neighborhood mascot. At the top of the page, the following tabs are available for your selection:
· News and Events: Here you will find information about activities, projects and events. Also, you will find information about pending ordinances or news that could affect the neighborhood. Lastly, a calendar of events is posted.
· Links and Resources: In this tab and you will find links to a number of important local sites such as local governments, business, schools, transportation, hospitals and utilities.
· FOPNA: This tab enables you to view the by-laws and past newsletters. In addition, it lists your current officers.
· Contact Us: Here you can add you comments, suggestions, etc. and send them to the associations officers for a response.
· Take A Gander Blog: This section provides a forum for residents to share commentary on neighborhood news, events, projects and any other issues related to Peaselburg and the surrounding area.
As always your input and suggestions are both needed and welcome. You may email your comments by selecting the “Contact Us” tab, located at the top of the page, or by attending one of our regularly scheduled meetings. Our next meeting will be held on Monday, January 21, 2010 at the Center for Great Neighborhoods, 1650 Russell Street. The Neighborhood Watch will begin at 6:15 PM, with the regular meeting starting at 7:00 PM.
Together, we can make a difference!